Friday, September 8, 2017

My White 534 Serger is working!

My White 534 Serger is working!!

White 534 Serger

I bought this used White 534 Serger 7 years ago. My husband took them apart to clean, but he never put them back.  So it sat in the box with all parts not attached for 7 years.  Finally, I told him that for our 19 th Anniversary, I want him to restore my White 534 Serger as an anniversary gift.  And I am glad that he did it!  He finished it by our anniversary!!  YEAH!!  It is the best anniversary gift EVER!!  lol

This is my first serger.  I have never used a serger before, I have no idea how to use it properly.  My hubby got me a serger book as another anniversary gift, it is called The complete Serger Handbook. 

This is a great book for beginners.  I learn so much from it, and I love the photos.  They are clear, so I can compare my stitches easier, not like the serger manual, it is hard to read, because they are not "photo", they are drawings.  Highly recommend this book if you are new to serger.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but I am planning to make a Serger Cover with this little machine.  I am very excited for my first serger project.  And I can't wait to use it for my 18 inch doll clothes, my doll clothes are going to look much more professional.

 

Video of White 534 Serger in action:

 

 

Do you own a serger?  Show me your serger projects.  Inspire me!  

 


 

 

 

 

 


 

 

No comments: