18 inch Doll Clothes / American Girl
Simplicity Sewing Pattern D0677 Review
|18 inch Doll Clothes / American Girl Sewing Pattern Review|
Simplicity Sewing Pattern D0677 Review:- I think this pattern is a great value, there are 4 outfits and a bag patterns, included 2 tank tops, 3/4 sleeves top (the one I sewed), 1 pants, 1 shorts, 1 skirt (the pic below) and a dress.
- I love the style, it is very simple but trendy. Not boring old fashion doll clothes. They are like "real" fashion that I would wear every day.
- I sewed Top B and Skirt G (see more pics below)
|Simplicity Sewing Pattern D0677 - Top B|
|Simplicity Sewing Pattern D0677 - Skirt D|
- They are fairly easy to sew. But there are some tricky parts. Like the top you will need knit fabrics like interlock, jersey etc. Sewing stretchy fabrics is a little bit more difficult than non-stretchy fabrics. And you will need to sew "bias tape" in curve. These 2 parts could be a little bit difficult for beginners. Therefore, I would say that this pattern is for advanced beginners.
- About the fit, I would say it is "slim fit" style. (See Pics). Especially on the waist, it is tight fit. If you have an older AG dolls, you may need to modify a little bit.
|Handmade 18 inch doll clothes for American Girl Emily|
|Outdoor Shot of Simplicity D0677|
- If you are looking for causal wear, I definitely recommend Simplicity D0677. It is stylish and look great on Emily.
For Emily's Shoes:I found this cute pair of sneakers at Michael's, I used 60% off coupon, so the total is only $3. It is a Deal!! Michael's has some nice selections of 18 inch doll clothes, shoes and accessories. With coupon, they are super cheap.
|18 inch doll shoes from Michael's|